Saturday, December 21, 2013

After Dark Advent Reads Day 21: Winter Solstice by Mandy M Roth

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
Synopsis: "Powerful, immortal, magikal and cursed to the shadows of the night. Gordon O’Caha, a seven-hundred-year-old druid sorcerer, fell in battle centuries ago. When he recovered, he found he wasn’t as he’d once been, purely magik. He was much, much more. Now, he shares his body with darkness—a demon gifted to him by the blood drinkers he’d been attacked by. His family and clan haven’t turned their back on him. It’s Gordon who has shut himself away from them. This hardened man does what he has to in order to survive—he drinks blood, feeds his sexual lust and exists. Nothing more. That is, until a sassy slip of a woman careens into him on the street, spilling her hot coco all over his groin. It’s literally hotter than he can handle. The minx isn’t what she appears to be and when her secrets are revealed, so is a dangerous plot.

Chelsy Riley is doing her best to get by. Her grandmother’s passing left her without family and with a tiny used bookstore to run. She thinks it’s as hectic as it can get. When she slams into a sexy, gruff man who seems oddly out of time and place, she learns what secrets her past holds and that her future is full of endless possibilities. That is, only if she doesn’t become a sacrifice for dark mages."


My Review: I was beginning to loose my love for paranormal books because they seem to be all the same, that is until I read this one. I must say I am in love with this series and the characters. Such an interesting combination, Druid and Vampire. I really did love Chelsy, and even the brief view of the sub-characters of Gordon's family. And oh boy there is some steam in this one too! The only thing that let me down a little was that I was expecting the winter solstice to play a larger role in the story (that is after all why I purchased it). Either way though I think I will track down some more books by this author and in this series.
 
My Rating: I found myself really enjoying this book even with the lack of Winter Solstice celebrations.  I am definitely tracking down the rest of this series. I give it a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment