Thursday, December 19, 2013

Advent Reads Day 19: Cooking Up Christmas by Mimi Riser

 
Synopsis: "Scrumptious holiday recipes, plus a Christmas short story as a special bonus… Good food and good cheer! Festive fare that’s sure to delight. This is a little book that’s big on warmth and color. It focuses on variety and culinary vivacity, taking some of our classic holiday foods and doing delicious new things with them (but without getting too complicated). Some of the dishes are sweet, some are savory, some are a bit of both. All are easy to prepare, and almost too easy to eat. Add in the bonus short story, and you’ve got food for the soul as well – all the joyful inspiration you need to start cooking up Christmas!"

My Review: This was an interesting combination of cookbook and story. I loved the recipes (have yet to try them out but plan to soon) and a great idea to have ones for leftovers! Many of the recipes had me drooling, confetti corn, festive red and green beans and carrot coriander dip will be on our holiday menu this year I am thinking. The story was a little odd for me, I am not a huge fan of Science Fiction but it did take a very interesting and fun twist.
 
My Review: For some reason I find myself very excited to have the combination of recipes and a story in one book.  While the story wasn't quite to my taste, the recipes certainly were, I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment