Monday, December 16, 2013

Advent Reads Day 16: Review of The Christmas Wish by Alexandra Lanc

 
Synopsis: "This story starts with a song, and with a wish.

The song is a Christmas song, and the wish is a wish that Clara wishes every year during the week leading up to Christmas...

Fast forward to a week later, when Jack comically discovers that Christmas is in fact Clara's birthday. Through a change of events, Clara realizes that the greatest gifts cannot be bought, and that sometimes sacrifice does come with a happy ending."


My Review: Well Lanc managed to save Clara's personality a little bit for me in this one, she seems more mature than she had in Clara Claus (the first book). Though I don't quite understand why this wasn't a part of the original story, I don't think it really needed to be a novella. At least I don't dislike Clara as much at the end of this short story, though I still much prefer Jack.
 
My Rating: This was an improvement on the previous book in the series I read but it was far too short.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment