Sunday, December 15, 2013

Advent Reads Day 15: Review of Secret Santa by Kathleen Brooks

 
Synopsis: "It wouldn't be Christmas in Keeneston without a party! Everyone's invited, even Santa…
Kenna's court docket is full, Dani's hiding from her in-laws, Paige and Annie are about to burst from pregnancy, and Marshall is breaking up fights at the PTA Christmas Concert. The sweet potato casserole is made, the ham and biscuits are on the table, and men are losing their shirts - and not because of bets placed with the Rose Sisters! All the while, the entire town is wondering one thing: who is the Secret Santa that showed up with special gifts for everyone?"


My Review: So this is quite obviously a novella to a series, and you feel a little lost at the beginning. There are a lot of characters and a lot of quick back stories (that are probably covered in greater detail in the series books)to keep straight. It should have been overwhelming, and I admit it was through a good part of it, but I found myself totally intrigued by the characters and I really want to read the rest of this series to learn their full stories! I loved the Santa and all his little inside information and gifts, and of course the Rose Sisters seem like very interesting ladies.
 
My Rating: Even though the characters back stories were a little rushed and I found myself lost at times with the wealth of characters, I still found myself caring about them and connecting with them.  I give this story a rating of Three Paws and A Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment