Saturday, May 2, 2015

Graphic Novel Review of Thor the God Butcher by Jason Aaron

 
Synopsis: "Throughout the ages, gods have been vanishing, their mortal worshippers left in chaos. Now, Thor follows a trail of blood that threatens to consume his past, present and future. The only hope for these ravaged worlds is for Thor to unravel the gruesome mystery of the God Butcher!

In the distant past, Thor follows the bloody wake of murdered gods across the depths of space. In the present, the Thunder God discovers a forgotten cave that echoes with the cries of tortured gods...and is shocked to find himself among them! And thousands of years from now, the last god-king of a ruined Asgard makes his final stand against the God Butcher's beserker legions. As three Thors from three eras race to stop the God Butcher, the full extent of his vicious scheme takes terrifying shape!"


My Review: I have to say this wasn't exactly what I expected but it was still really good. I enjoyed the artwork and really loved the oldest version of Thor. If you are looking for something that follows mythology closely, this may not be the best one for you. It does tie in a tiny bit with the Avengers, with just a brief appearance. At times this one is a little difficult to follow because it is set in 3 different time periods and when you are in the later two there are flashbacks and it can get a little confusing if you aren't paying close attention.
 
My Rating: It was a little confusing jumping between time periods and some flashback memories but it was still an interesting storyline. I give it a rating of Three Paws.

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with graphic novels. If I were to try then again it would be with a comic. X-Men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I never tried X-Men. I have been thinking about giving Batman or Superman another shot since Munchkin is really getting into them now.

      Delete