Thursday, April 30, 2015

After Dark Review of Hard to Be Good by Laura Kaye

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Hard Ink Tattoo owner Jeremy Rixey has taken on his brother’s stateside fight against the forces that nearly killed Nick and his Special Forces team a year before. Now, Jeremy’s whole world has been turned upside down—not the least of which by a brilliant, quiet blond man who tempts Jeremy to settle down for the first time ever.

Recent kidnapping victim Charlie Merritt has always been better with computers than people, so when he’s drawn into the SF team’s investigation of his army colonel father’s corruption, he’s surprised to find acceptance and friendship—especially since his father never accepted who Charlie was. Even more surprising is the heated tension Charlie feels with sexy, tattooed Jeremy, Charlie’s opposite in almost every way.

With tragedy and chaos all around them, temptation flashes hot, and Jeremy and Charlie can’t help but wonder why they’re trying so hard to be good..."



My Review: Like so many others I have been anxiously awaiting this next installment of the Hard Ink series. I have enjoyed Jeremy throughout all the books, the way he manages to lighten the tension and stress for everyone. The thing that surprised me in this one is how much I came to absolutely love Charlie. He has played kind of a small role throughout the series so far though he is what brought everyone together in the first place, we never really got to know him. I am so glad to have been able to do that in this novella and he has now taken place as one of my favorite characters in the series. Oh and the addition of Cy, so perfect! I really enjoyed this but it was a short little tease! I need more Hard Ink!
  
 
 
My Rating: I read this the day after it came out in one sitting. I was touching, steamy and so sweet. I really love how many elements fit into this one novella. I give it a rating of Four Paws.
 
 
 
Note: This is an M/M after dark book.

1 comment: