Saturday, December 20, 2014

Advent Reads Day 20: Graphic Novel: A Christmas Carol by Rod Espinosa

 
Synopsis: "Charles Dickens's holiday classic, A Christmas Carol, is given a fresh twist;with a female Scrooge! Rod Espinosa (The Courageous Princess) adapts and illustrates this story of the miserly Eliza Scrooge, who is visited by the ghosts of the past, present, and future on one fateful Christmas eve."

My Review: I found I really enjoyed this graphic novel and loved the twist of having a female Scrooge, I think it almost worked better having a female. The illustrations in this book are stunning, I want to frame many of them! It was also nice to have an illustrated version of A Christmas Carol, it was easier to read and enjoy than reading the classic. Definitely one to pick up for the holiday season.
 
My Rating: I enjoyed this female version of the classic story, not to mention the illustrations to create such a beautiful graphic novel.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment