Sunday, December 14, 2014

Advent Reads Day 14: The Christmas Quilt by Cindi Myers

 
Synopsis: "Two orphaned children wrapped in a crazy quilt bring together a lonely Texas ranger and a rebellious young woman. After running away from home at 16 to follow the wrong man, Alison Mitchell is determined to do the right thing and take care of her sister's children. But Texas Ranger Jack Drake only wants the perfect family for the two orphans in his care -- the kind of family he never had but always wanted. Like the patches of a crazy quilt, Alison and Jack, broken by past hurts, will come together to make a beautiful whole."


My Review: I really enjoyed this short holiday story. I loved the characters and the storyline, so much so that I want to read more with them. For being a short story though, there is still a lot packed in there, you aren't left feeling like you missed something, you just want more. It is a clean, historical western romance that many will enjoy.
 
My Rating: My mom is an avid quilter and has made me quilts along the lines of the ones described in this book so it added a little extra meaning.  Even without that element it is still such a great short story.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment