Sunday, December 14, 2014

2015 Personal Challenges - Children's, Beginning Readers & Re-Reads

I cannot wait for 2015 to start and have already been lining up some great challenges and reading lists for next year. Of course, I have signed up for other blogger's challenges but I have a few of my own personal challenges that I want to accomplish.
 
 
Personal Re-Read Challenge
I have enjoyed so many books in the past and would like to revisit them but don't ever make time in the rush to read new books and finish challenges, so now I have an excuse to revisit those favorites.

I plan to re-read 15 books

Some of the books I plan to re-read this year:
Secret Santa
Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband
Highland Guardian
The Beast in Him
 The Mane Event
Nobody's Princess
 Nobody's Prize
North of Need
Tower of Ravens
 Shining City
Heart of Stars
Beowulf
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
Om-Kas-Toe




Personal Children's Book Challenge
I have kind of always done this one but I just want to make it official, I need to read a lot of children's books each year in order to keep up with the weekly Bedtime Story posts.  I will read 60 children's books (this includes books that are appropriate up to age 5/6, before they are reading on their own)

I already own way more than 60 books ready for this challenge.  Here are ones that I plan to read for this year:
Wheedle on the Needle, Mr. Clumsy, Mr. Slow, Mr. Perfect, Mr. Cheerful, Mr. Mischief, Mr. Grumpy, Mr. Strong, Mr. Funny, Mr. Lazy, Mr. Noisy, Mr. Messy, Mr. Happy, Curious George and the Dump Truck, Curious George and the Snow, Pony Brushes his Teeth, Duck Goes Potty, Again!, Whose Nose and Whose Toes, Peter Loves Penguin, Curious George Goes Fishing, Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day, Nubiana, Numbers Take the Dog Out, The Hat, No Two Alike, Dinosaur Christmas, The Snowy Day, Perfect Soup, ABC ZooBorns, The Big Snow, Owl Moon, Meet the Penguins, Curious George Gets a Medal, When Will it Snow, I Love You Sleepyhead, Froggy's Best Christmas, Gingerbread Man, T is for Touchdown, Goodnight Football, Delivering your Mail, Tractor Mac Saves Christmas, The Jolly Postman, Letters from Felix, Corduroy's Best Halloween Ever, Corduroy's Christmas Surprise, Sweet Dreams Curious George




Personal Beginning Reader Challenge:
I am already working on the next level of books for Munchkin and need to start checking out the books for when he starts reading on his own.  I will use this challenge to start building his collection. I will read 30 this year.

I have once again planned ahead for this challenge and have all the books I will need.  Some of the books included are:
 Just Helping My Dad, Best Chef in Second Grade, Go Go Go,  National Geographic Kid Penguins, National Geographic Kids Polar Bears, Curious George Dinosaur Tracks,  Charlie Where's the Bacon, Charlie's Snowy Day, Biscuit and the Lost Teddy Bear, Just Saving My Money, Kick Pass and Run





So there you have it, just a few more challenges to add to my lists!  If you would like to join me for these challenges please feel free and let me know so I can stop by and check out your reads too!

No comments:

Post a Comment