Friday, December 19, 2014

Advent Reads Day 19: Bedtime Story: Santa is Coming to Rhode Island by Steve Smallman

 
Synopsis: "It's Christmas Eve, Have you been good? Santa's packed up all the presents and is headed your way! With the help of a certain red-nosed reindeer, Santa flies over: Carrie Bell Tower-Providence
Mr Potato Head Statue-Pawtucket
Claiborne Pell Newport Bridge-Jamestown
Waterfire-Providence
Narragansett Towers-Narragansett
Sail Boat-Newport
Point Judith Lighthouse-Narragansett
The Breakers-Newport
Rhode Island State House-Providence
Intl Tennis Hall of Fame Statue-Newport
Superman Building-Providence

"Ho, ho ho!" laughs Santa. "Merry Christmas, Rhode Island!""



My Review: This was a cute book that I was glad I picked up. It is a little advanced for Munchkin. Honestly, I feel like this was written more for the adults than for kids, a lot of sites and locations in Rhode Island are mentioned by name and I don't think many kids would really identify them. There are pictures but not clear enough for kids to point to them and say I have been there. The redeeming factor is the new reindeer and the nod to Rudolph. It is a cute book but more for the adults reading it than the kids.
 
My Rating: While this is a cute fun book, I just don't think kids will enjoy it as much as you would want them to.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.
 
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment