Saturday, December 17, 2016

Christmas Fun Day 17: Cheese Ball Time

Hello and Happy Holiday season everyone! In addition to my Advent Reads event this holiday season, I thought I would post earlier in the day with different things we do each day to have fun and celebrate this season. I hope you will join us and also maybe share some of your own traditions or ways you celebrate.
 
As I said earlier this month, I only make a couple of treats during the holiday season and they aren't sweet. In addition to about a dozen batches of Chex Mix I also make around 4 batches of Cheese Ball (it is actually more of spread than a ball but that is what my mom called it). I have been making this since I moved out of my parents house and they made it long before that, it is a tradition now and no Christmas would be complete without it. I have given it as gifts and it is now demanded, I have had people request for no gifts as long as I make the cheese ball. So here we go . . .
 
It is pretty simple to make just a little work

I have tried to make it in food processors and mixers to make it easier but hands remain the best way to mix it up.
It may not look all that appetizing but I promise you that it is so delicious and addicting!
 
 
 
So with that I am pretty much done with my regular holiday goodies, I might try one or two more things and of course Munchkin and I need to make cookies for Santa and then the meal for Christmas day.


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how certain foods can become tradition? I've got plenty of those. I'm impressed you don't do sweets. I make way too much junk food that I always have way too much of even after trying to give most of it away. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is funny, for Hubby's family his Nanny had to make deviled eggs for every holiday and onion chip dip. For my family, my mom always had to make lefsa for Thanksgiving, odd but it wasn't right without it.

      Delete