Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas Fun Day 16: Movie Nights

Hello and Happy Holiday season everyone! In addition to my Advent Reads event this holiday season, I thought I would post earlier in the day with different things we do each day to have fun and celebrate this season. I hope you will join us and also maybe share some of your own traditions or ways you celebrate.
 
 
When I first returned to work after maternity leave, I started a little tradition for me and Munchkin, Friday night movie nights. We have pretty consistently had our time on each Friday night to snuggle up and watch a movie, but for the holiday season I decided to kick it up to an extra level. Usually, we just watch our movie while we eat dinner (usually pizza) and then get ready for bed after it is over, but for this month we have been getting our Christmas PJs on and having a light dinner of finger foods like crackers and cheese and also having extra special hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows while we watch Christmas movies.
 

 
 
So far Munchkin's favorite movies are The Polar Express, The Snowman and The "Bumble Movie" (Rudolph).  I really like all of those but How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the original one) and Charlie Brown's Christmas (we will be watching this one tonight) are my favorites.
 
Do you have extra special movie nights during the holidays? What is your favorite Christmas movie?


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great tradition to start. Look how excited munchkin looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have our time on Friday nights, because weekends he usually catches up with Hubby since they don't get much time together during the week. It is also nice to have a meal that I just sit back and enjoy with him and not nag him constantly to hurry up and eat. He loves the added fun of PJs and hot chocolate.

      Delete