Thursday, November 3, 2016

After Dark Review of Knights of Stone: Mason by Lisa Carlisle

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read for: Because Gargoyles!
 
Synopsis: "Gargoyles, tree witches, and wolf shifters have divided the Isle of Stone after a great battle twenty-five years ago. When Kayla, a tree witch, hears about the unconventional rock concerts in the gargoyle’s territory, she sneaks from her coven and into their territory to see for herself. Night after night, she returns to see one in particular shift into human form and play guitar at these unconventional shows.

For several nights, Mason has kept watch for the pixie-like female. He plans to seduce her, thinking she’s a visitor from another island. When he discovers she’s one of the tree witches, he retreats, attempting to keep his distance. The temptation is strong, but forbidden.

Kayla and Mason attempt to meet in secret, but other elements on the isle command their attention. A magical cloak created by the three clans on the island is thinning, leading to repercussions for all the clans. Kayla and Mason are caught in the middle of it, and their actions may change the fate for all."


My Review: I do love a Gargoyle hero and they are not so easy to find all the time. I found this book to be really interesting, there was quite a bit of world building mixed in with the story but it was nicely integrated. I loved the idea of a gargoyle rock band, I kind of want to see them now and Mason made a great hero. Kayla was a great character as well, though more innocent and naïve that I like my female characters, but it suited the story and setting. It is a great introduction to this series and does leave some unanswered questions and unresolved storylines that will have you reaching for the next book.
 
My Rating: This was a really quick book to read and had plenty of steam but did keep up the main storyline, which is left open at the end so you are going to want to read the next book pretty quickly.  I give it a rating of Four Paws.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment