Monday, October 31, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 37- Dragon of the Red Dawn by Mary Pope Osborne

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 37 sets off the next set of 4 adventures for Jack and Annie. Merlin needs help, he needs to find happiness again so Jack and Annie head to Japan in the 1600s to find one of the four secrets to happiness.
 
 
 
My Review: This book kicks off another mini set of 4 adventures for Jack and Annie. They are sent back to Japan, just a different time period from a previous book, they must find a secret to happiness. They can now use magic to help them along the way. They didn't use their research book as much as I like but they did have an master for a guide. I really enjoyed all the rich history and legends that were integrated into this story and also how smoothly poetry was introduced to the readers.
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed this one, especially the introduction to Haiku poetry and the simple beauty of the world. I give this one a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment