Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Advent Reads Day 23: Rescuing Christmas

 
Synopsis: "Holiday Haven by Vicki Lewis ThompsonAll Ben Rhodes wants for Christmas is to be left alone. And yet, in a fit of Christmas-cheer-induced insanity, he agrees to help beautiful shelter director Tansy Dexter find homes for all her rambunctious animals. Little does he know that the one truly in need of a loving home this season…is him.

Home for Christmas by Catherine Mann

Information from Ms Mann's newsletter: For those of you who enjoyed my Wingmen Warrior series, this story features Zach Dawson's daughter Shelby, all grown up and ready for her own happily ever after with a flyboy!

Shelby Conrad has had more than her fair share of silent nights. But even though her husband, Tech Sergeant Alex Conrad, is coming home in time for Christmas, Shelby isn't sure he's in time to save their marriage. Can a road trip to deliver three shelter dogs to their new homes teach the couple that the most precious gift of all is hope?

A Puppy for Will by Kathie DeNosky

Will Parker hasn't exactly had all his hopes and dreams met, but work has filled the gaps in his life. Or so he thinks…until an energetic and large Saint Bernard foster puppy and Will's cute neighbor Macie Fairbanks introduce him to the best thing about Christmas and life—unconditional love."


My Review: I really enjoyed this book, of course anything with shelter animals getting loving homes will touch my heart. I liked the format of three short stories that revolve around the same event and location, the interaction of the characters made for smooth transitions. The authors all worked so closely together you didn't notice the differences, which was great because I have been burned by these types of collections before. I honestly couldn't pick one story as my favorite, I enjoyed all the characters (including the animals), story themes and events. All in all a heart warming collection of stories for the holiday season.
  
 
 
My Rating: I have such a soft spot for books like this, even though I know reality isn't all happy endings.  This was a beautiful collaboration of the authors, they all meshed so smoothly.  I give this one a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment