Monday, December 22, 2014

Advent Reads Day 22: A Cowboy for Christmas by Katherine Garbera

 
Synopsis: "Annie Prudhomme never expected to be back in Marietta, MT and her family is fond of reminding her that she left them and the town behind in search of better things. A humiliating divorce that cost her everything she’d gained has driven her back home and her family isn’t about to welcome her back into the fold. She’s in town to rebuild the old home that she inherited and to move on once again.
Carson Scott never forgot Annie or the way she left. Now that she’s back in town he’s realizing that the old flame still burns hot but he can’t risk his heart the way he did last time now that he has his son to think about it. Being trapped together during a December snowstorm gives them a chance to rekindle their romance but is Annie back for good or is she just looking for a cowboy for Christmas?"


My Review: I want to give this one a good review, but there were just too many flaws. There are a lot of repeated lines and repeated information. The author also didn't do a great job of keeping track of the events and storyline, one example was that the characters repeatedly said they hadn't kissed before, but clearly had just pages before. It was very frustrating as I did want to like the story, and while Annie was a little immature, I enjoyed Carson. The good thing about this series as the books are written by different authors so there is a chance to save it for me with the next book.
  
 
My Rating: I enjoyed parts of this book but not others. I was really frustrated with the editing issues so that is the first thing that threw me off. Also, the kid is conveniently shoved off on someone else while this romance takes place, sorry but that doesn't happen, I can't get 5 minutes with my husband let alone whole days and nights!  I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment