Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Review of Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

 
Synopsis: "Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt--with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…

Note: Mature themes, sexual situations, religious discussions."



My Review: It has been some time since I read Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker, but it was interesting to pick up another book by Kenneally. It did take some time for me to connect the dots with the characters in the previous books with the ones in this book. I did however really enjoy Kate, I only went to all girls camps as a kid but would have loved to be able to run into a guy some years later. I have to say for me Bumble Bee Brad took some of my attention away from Matt. Be forewarned, this book is extremely heavy in religious content and difficult issues. I really appreciated it though after going through a similar questioning of religion and having a friend that we broke apart because she had a much more Christian view of things. This is definitely a great book for those teens who are struggling to come to terms with their beliefs.
 
My Rating: While I know some of you will notice I usually get upset reading a book that is heavy on religion, but that is usually due to the unexpectedness of it, it has been made clear in the synopsis that this one would way heavily in the realm of religion.  I really appreciated this book and almost wish I could have read it during High School when it could have had quite the impact.  I give it a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment