Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Advent Reads Day 8: Date Night with a Book: Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory

    Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Recent purchase

Synopsis: "Vivian Forest has been out of the country a grand total of one time, so when she gets the chance to tag along on her daughter Maddie’s work trip to England to style a royal family member, she can’t refuse. She’s excited to spend the holidays taking in the magnificent British sights, but what she doesn’t expect is to become instantly attracted to a certain private secretary, his charming accent, and unyielding formality.

Malcolm Hudson has worked for the Queen for years and has never given a personal, private tour—until now. He is intrigued by Vivian the moment he meets her and finds himself making excuses just to spend time with her. When flirtatious banter turns into a kiss under the mistletoe, things snowball into a full-on fling.

Despite a ticking timer on their holiday romance, they are completely fine with ending their short, steamy affair come New Year’s Day. . .or are they?"

My Review: I picked this book up last year for the holiday season but I never got around to it, I am glad I made it a priority this year. I am really happy that the characters were on the more mature side, I don't find books like that very often. Malcom sounds absolutely dreamy and Vivian is so full of life. Normally I struggle with books set in other countries because I just can't picture locations but everything was so well described and a lot of the places were well known so it was easier to imagine. I also enjoyed the way the romance built slowly with a lot of conversation and budding friendship. I didn't realize until after the fact that this was a 4th book in a series, but clearly you don't need to read the rest of the books to enjoy the story.

My Rating: I really enjoyed this book, it was light and fun and a perfect read for the holiday season. I loved the characters and the setting.  Just as a note, it does get a little steamy later in the book. I give it a rating of Four Paws!






No comments:

Post a Comment