Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Advent Reads Day 23: Marshmallows & Mistletoe by Marianne Rice

 Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!


Read for: Recently Added

Synopsis: "Christmas is the most magical season of the year. Noel loves everything about it. From the decorating, to the music, and the baking. While visiting her parents in their farmhouse nestled in the Maine woods in preparation for the holiday, she finds herself alone when the power goes out.

But when she finds a stranger and his little boy stranded next to the road, she follows her intuition and offers them shelter until they can figure out how to restore the power.

All Ian wanted to do was take his son to see Santa. Now he’s stuck with a Christmas enthusiast in a farmhouse decorated with smiling faces on family pictures. But as Ian spends more and more time with Noel, he’s reminded of what the true spirit of Christmas is all about.

Family, joy, kindness…and love."

My Review: I picked this book up last year at a local author event and have been excited to read it for Christmas this year. It had all the makings of a perfect holiday romance for me, single parent, forced close proximity, big family, tons of Christmas cheer, and so much more. It really delivered on everything that was promised. I loved the characters in the story, even the side characters of Noel's family that were off page most of the book. I loved the cozy winter atmosphere that just screams Christmas. It was a simple story but the characters really jump off the page and make it difficult to put down. It was a fast and really enjoyable read that was fun to read on a snowy day leading up to Christmas. I am looking forward to reading the next book on my shelf!

My Rating: This was such a fun book, we got to experience all the best parts of Christmas through the characters in this one.  It was short and light but still hit all the feels I want in a holiday romance.  I give it a rating of Four Paws!










No comments:

Post a Comment