Sunday, December 15, 2019

Advent Reads Day 15: After Dark Review of the Christmas Pact by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Recently Added & Audio

Synopsis: "Heat up the holidays with this sizzling new novella from New York Times best-selling authors Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward!


Riley Kennedy’s emails keep getting crossed with her colleague, Kennedy Riley.



The infuriating man forwards them along with his annoying commentary and unsolicited advice. At least she never has to see him in person since they work in different locations…until they come face to face at the office holiday party. As luck would have it, Kennedy turns out to be gorgeous…though still a jerk. Yet somehow he’s able to charm her out on the dance floor—and convince her to participate in his crazy scheme: He’ll go home with Riley for a Christmas party and pretend to be her boyfriend if Riley agrees to be his date to a wedding.



It sounds easy enough. But little by little, the act they’re putting on starts to feel like so much more than a Christmas pact—and Riley’s about to learn there’s more to Kennedy than she ever imagined."



My Review: I picked this up as part of the Audible Original freebie for the month, I am always on the look out for fun holiday stories and this one seemed fun. I am familiar with the authors, though I haven't read anything in a while. This turned out to be the perfect quick pick me up after a weekend of holiday stress. I was laughing out loud right from the beginning, the quirky names and situations were so entertaining. It does get a bit serious for a bit with backstory but for the most part it is kept super fun and light. It is only a few hours long, so I suggest grabbing a glass of wine, setting up your gift wrapping and listen while you work; I promise it will go so much quicker and be a lot more entertaining this way!


My Rating: This was such a perfect, fun Christmas read. It was about 3 hours long in audio, just enough time for a night of gift wrapping. I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag.


No comments:

Post a Comment