Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Advent Reads Day 17: The Christmas Star by Donna VanLiere

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Recently Added & Final Book in the Series

Previous Books:

Synopsis: "Thirty-two-year-old Amy Denison volunteers at Glory's Place, an after school program where she meets seven-year-old Maddie, a precocious young girl who has spent her childhood in foster care. Unbeknownst to Amy, Maddie is a mini-matchmaker, with her eye on just the right man for Amy at Grandon Elementary School, where she is a student. Amy is hesitant - she's been hurt before, and isn't sure she's ready to lose her heart again - but an unexpected surprise makes her reconsider her lonely lifestyle.


As Christmas nears and the town is blanketed in snow and beautiful decorations, Maddie and the charming staff at Glory's Place help Amy to see that romance can be more than heartache and broken promises.



In The Christmas Star, Donna VanLiere delivers yet another sweet, joyous story that is sure to capture readers' hearts."



My Review: I am so happy I was able to pick this book up right after the previous book, The Christmas Town, because it features several of the same characters, just a year later. I really loved this one, next to Christmas Shoes it might be a favorite. I adore Gabe, even though a lot of his development takes place off the page, it is clear that he went through some pretty drastic changes. Of course you knew where the story was going for Maddie but it was a great journey for such a sweet little girl. I am a little sad that I have caught up on this series and I haven't seen any news of more books in this series. I absolutely love spending time with Glory and Miriam and their friendly banter. This series always puts me in the Christmas spirit.


My Rating: I am kind of sad to see the end of this series (at least so far) after enjoying a couple of books each Christmas season.  I have come to love the two constant characters of Gloria and Miriam and am going to miss them.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws!


No comments:

Post a Comment