Monday, October 28, 2019

Monday Reading List


It is Monday again, and time to update with what I read last week, what I am currently reading and what to look forward to next week.



Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

The Monsters We Deserve by Marcus Sedgwick
Strange Star by Emma Carroll
Does Frankenstein Get Hungry? by John Solimine (Bedtime Story)
Gris Grimly's Frankenstein by Gris Grimly (Graphic Novel)

 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Secret Hunger
Capturing the Devil
A Family Under the Christmas Tree
Gris Grimly's Frankenstein
Mr. Putter & Tabby Catch the Cold
In November
Poisoned Apples
Usborne Young Frankenstein
Does Frankenstein Get Hungry?

Currently Reading:

Fireborne by Rosaria Munda - Ebook - on page 36 of 448
Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson - Audio - 23%


Pages Read/ Time Listened
530:30 Hours Listened (12:26 listened this week)
29,311 Pages Read (1,074 this week)

Books Added to Shelves Recently: TBR
WarDance
Warsong
Year One
Girl Who Drank the Moon
King of Scars
Dactyl Hill Squad
The Darkdeep
Lord of the Fading Lands
Shadow of Doubt
Gates of Stone
A Conspiracy of Truths
Viper
Vortex Visions
Through the White Wood
Descendant of the Crane
Dark Harmony
The Sea Queen
The Mountain of Kept Memory
Metamorphica
Misfits of Avalon Vol. 1
Misfits of Avalon Vol. 2
The Sea King
Ride Hard
Ride Rough
Ride Wild
Force of Attraction
Primal Force
Rival Forces
A Rogue by Any Other Name
A Scot in the Dark
The Day of the Duchess
The Pirate Bride
Man Made Boy
This Monstrous Thing
Dear Santa
An Endless Christmas
Christmas Magic
Falling Softly
Christmas Town
The Christmas Star
Gris Grimly's Frankenstein
The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter
We Hunt the Flame
Romanov
Dreaming the Bear
Monsters
The Monsters We Deserve
Strange Star
Ghostly Tales from the Lost Summer of 1816
Storm and Fury
Honeybees and Frenemies
Master & Apprentice
The Chosen
The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend
Mortal Engines
Evvie Drake Starts Over
Merciful Crow
The Bridge Kingdom
Darkdawn
A Crash of Fate
Black Spire
Capturing the Devil
The Testaments
The Missing Bookshop
The Warrior Moon
A Thousand Roads Home
The Sasquatch Escape
The Lonely Lake Monster
Ink
The Blacksmith Queen
Klaus Vol. 2
Molly and the Cat Cafe
Plum Crazy Vol. 2
Plum Crazy Vol. 3
Plum Crazy Vol. 4
A Walk One Winter Night
Loving My Actual Christmas
A Family Under the Christmas Tree
The White Christmas Inn
There Will Come a Darkness
Shadow Frost
How to Love a Duke in 10 Days
How to Catch a Wicked Viscount
Faker


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I hope you have been enjoying the first half of my Frankenstein Week.  I have really enjoyed many of the books I have picked up that were inspired by either Frankenstein or by Mary Shelley herself.  I love being able to try new books and share the ones that I like best with all of you. 

I have had a really great reading week last week, even though it was still insanely busy as seems to be the norm for this time of year.  There are still so many books that I can't wait to read and so many I wanted to squeeze into this month but I am definitely going to have some of those spilling over into November. 

Did you know in all the chaos of this month that I completely forgot that it was my Blogoversary?!  I have been blogging for 9 years now!!! I have in those 9 years created over 3,000 posts and read & reviewed over 2,500 books!  I know, I about fell over backwards when I look back at all I have done with this blog.  It has certainly changed my reading and I have made so many friends through it as well, all over the world.  As much as I love what has been happening here, there will be some changes coming in the future, hopefully for the better.  As I was looking back on my past blogging, I realized that other than some minor gaps at the very beginning of my blog when I was figuring out what to post and how to post, and the 1 month I took off for the birth of Munchkin, I have not taken any kind of a break or hiatus from the nearly daily posting.  Like so many others, lately I have been finding it difficult to keep up with the constant demands of work, home and blog/social media life; it is a constant struggle to find balance in all of these parts of our world.  I have been playing with the idea of cutting back in several non-essential parts of my life to find what is at the core and what can be balanced while still maintaining some level of mental health.  Now this does not in any way mean I am going to be giving up blogging.  I have loved my time here and plan to continue, and honestly I don't think you will notice any changes here any time soon. . .

I am spending this week working hard to get ahead on my posts and reviews, and then plan to take a step back from blogging and reviewing for most of the month of November.  You probably won't even notice as I will have posts scheduled throughout the month, and I will be checking in with my Monday Reading list as I will continue reading throughout the month. This is an experiment for me to see how much the daily blogging and reviewing is impacting my stress and anxiety levels. I will return for the December Advent Reads event of course, but how this next month goes  will determine where I take the blog next year. 

In the mean time, I would love to hear your input.  What have I done in the past that you would like to see brought back, which posts could you do without and which do you most look forward to seeing.  How often do you prefer to see posts here? Are there any genres or ages you would like to see me keep posting here or which would you rather see only on my Goodreads?


Well I think that is enough for now! I hope you continue to visit and enjoy my posts and I look forward to hearing from you on what you want to see here.  While I started the blog for me personally it has become so much more and I want it to remain a place where we can share our love of books and reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment