Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Top 5 Wednesday: Spring Reads

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube.


This week's topic is all about spring reads, I decided to take the approach of books I plan to reach for this spring.  Here in New England, Spring can be a bit up and down, we get some absolutely beautiful days and we get some days where it feels like we have slipped back into winter.  So in the spring I like to reach for books that are either chunky or have a few books in the series that I can sink into on those nasty days, but also maybe have a touch of romance to match my mood on the brighter spring days.  


Here are some of the books/series that I may be reaching for this spring


The Weathermages of Mystral
 
Now this looks like it would be a nice transition series going from winter to beach weather and the books are rather chunky too at nearly 600 pages each.  The downfall is that there is no date for the 3rd book. 


Outlander
While this book does give me a bit of a fall vibe but it is chunky, has a series full of chunky books behind it and some romance, so I think it might suit my mood perfectly.


The Immortals
I was a big fan of The Song of the Lioness quartet but only in the past couple of years managed to get copies of all the books in this series.  With a total of 1400+ pages between all the books, clearly there will be something to dig into, and if they are anything like the other series, there might be a touch of clean romance in the mix. 


The Storyspinner
I have had this book sitting on my shelves for a while now, it isn't really all that chunky but does have another book after it, if I enjoy it.  I believe there is some romance too.


The Magical Arts Academy
 
And something a little different that has piqued my interest, a serial of 13 short books, or novellas, in a fantasy series. I am not sure how this will go but I love the covers so why not give it a try.


So what do you reach for in the spring?

2 comments:

  1. I’ve always wanted to read Outlander, but its size is quite intimidating ��.
    Also, totally wasn’t stalking your “about me” page and saw that you have a doberman ��. He (she?) looks just like my childhood doberman—so lovely haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super intimidating, so big and the pages are almost like vellum they are so thin, but I have a lot of books on my shelf like that.
      Awe thanks for taking a poke around! Yup that is Niko, he is a blue doberman and while he looks stunning, he is the least graceful animal ever, right up there with camels! He fell over the other day just trying to scratch his ear LOL but we love him to pieces.

      Delete