Sunday, July 8, 2018

2nd Quarter Mini Reviews: Re-Reads, Circe, Astounding Broccoli Boy, Star Wars Books & More

So with reading and reviewing so many books, I am running out of days in which to share them with you.  I am going to start posting Mini Reviews of books that I read through out the year but couldn't find the time to post on the last Sunday of each quarter.

I used to post Mini Reviews each month but I have decided to post them each quarter.  With lumping my reviews for series and reading less books, there is a little more time to keep up with posting reviews, hence less Mini Reviews are needed.  So at the end of every three months I will post my mini reviews for that quarter.  I hope you like this new way of posting them!


The title of this one just sounded so quirky and it was on sale so I had to give it a go.  It was pretty quirky and young middle grade readers would find it enjoyable too. Three Paws & Stump Wag.
Full Review


I like how Hearne was able to capture an early Luke personality in this one and how well it fit into the gaps of the cannon movies. Three Paws.

Really enjoyed this Princess Leia story, and the way it fits into the series, and it is also great for those young readers with sound effects in the audio book and pictures in the print. Four Paws!


I loved Song of Achilles, but my lack of familiarity with the characters & story in this one left me feeling a little bored. Not a lot of story movement. Two Paws and a Stump Wag.



A Re-Read for 3rd book's release. Still loved the story and the characters! Four Paws!


Still the best book of the series, some great character and story development. Four Paws & a Stump Wag!


I loved the Re-read of this book and paying attention to the tiny details, especially the subtle political statements. Four Paws.


I really wasn't able to slow down with the re-read of this book, things just got too intense! Four Paws.


Found this one on sale so thought I would give it a try, was looking for a good heist romance, found this one to be lacking. One Paw and a Stump Wag.


I loved this little prequel story to the Marriage to a Billionaire series, I loved the way the story was connected with the rest of the series. Four Paws and a Stump Wag!


I was a little disappointed with this book but in the end it did pull out a decent story, just a little weird and confusing to get there. Three Paws.



Phew! I think I got all of them and no repeats! That was a lot of books that I wasn't able to share throughout the past 3 months!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! You’re reading a ton! Good idea with the mini reviews. I’ve heard nothing but praise for Circe so it’s nice to see a different opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, things got a little out of hand, there was no way I would be able to post all those reviews and other different posts. I did enjoy Circe but it wasn't quite up to the hype for me, or up to her previous book. For some reason she chose to write about a very minor character who really doesn't have a whole lot going on, so it is a very slow book with not a lot of excitement to keep the pages going.

      Delete
  2. That is an impressive list! I've read both those Star Wars books, and felt the same. I haven't read any of The Selection books yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really enjoyed picking up the Star Wars books again after so long not reading them. It is fun the way the newer books fit the cannon storylines. I really wonder what you will think of the Selection, it seems to be a series you either love or can't stand.

      Delete