Saturday, July 7, 2018

Graphic Novel Review of Princess Princess by Katie O'Neill

Read for: Graphic Novel challenge & I love her art style

Synopsis: "When the heroic princess Amira rescues the kind-hearted princess Sadie from her tower prison, neither expects to find a true friend in the bargain. Yet as they adventure across the kingdom, they discover that they bring out the very best in the other person. They'll need to join forces and use all the know-how, kindness, and bravery they have in order to defeat their greatest foe yet: a jealous sorceress, who wants to get rid of Sadie once and for all.

Join Sadie and Amira, two very different princesses with very different strengths, on their journey to figure out what happily ever after really means -- and how they can find it with each other."


My Review: I loved O'Neill's Tea Dragon Society so when I saw that this one was available online I had to read it. I, of course, loved her art style. It was a pretty short graphic story but the characters were all interesting and developed and the story line was as well. I would have liked more to the story, maybe a whole series. I loved the idea that these two princess take charge and save themselves and others, including the prince. A short, fun and feel good graphic story to read.

My Rating: I enjoyed this one, it does remind me of a couple other stories (even graphic novels) that have a very similar basis. With that said it was short, it was fun and the art is so cute and I adore it.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!



2 comments: