Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Review of Cottage by the Sea by Debbie Macomber

Read for: Requested Review & I love her books

Synopsis: "After tragedy strikes, Annie moves in to the summer cottage where her family vacationed when she was a child. Soon Annie finds herself making new friends, even developing a romance with a quiet and mysterious painter. And as she becomes part of the community, Annie learns that the surest way to heal is by making a difference in the lives of those around her."

My Review:  It has been a while since I last read anything by Debbie Macomber, I have been hoping to get into another one of her series after finishing Rose Harbor. I don't know yet if this is going to be part of a series or a standalone (but I honestly hope that it does become a series). As usual with her books, there are a lot of emotional ups and downs, tragedy and a whole lot of hope. I absolutely fell in love with all the characters in this book and the interactions between them. I was completely drawn into the story and invested in it, I was not able to put it down and read it in a single day. If you want a book that will make you feel all the emotions definitely pick this one up!

My Rating: I absolutely loved the characters in this book and all of their individual personalities. Have I mentioned that I adore the tall silent guys?! This is definitely a book to hit you in the feels but then lift you back up. I give it a rating of Four Paws.


I received this book via Netgalley, the above is my honest review.

You can find out more about Debbie Macomber and her books on her Goodreads Page or Website.


Cottage by the Sea will be released on Tuesday, July 17 but you can pre-order your copy in digital or print format from Amazon or Barnes & Noble (you can even pre-order a signed copy from Barnes & Noble), or ask your favorite bookstore to order it for you!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like I need to try this author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like her Jenny, she has some really great characters and the romance is nice and clean, and the stories are always emotional but uplifting.

      Delete