Saturday, January 27, 2018

New Favorite Authors from 2017

I have been wanting to post this for a couple of weeks now but as we all know, time is short.  Anyway, I am getting around to it now anyway.  I read a lot of new releases and a lot of new to me authors last year and some have jumped to the top of my favorites lists, and of course I wanted to share them with you.   I have broken down my favorites into a few categories, because even my favorites have levels.



Favorite New (and new to me) Authors
So this list consists of the new to me favorite authors that really intrigued me and I am looking forward to reading more of their books.

I absolutely loved Marie Rutkoski's Winner's Curse trilogy and I am looking forward to reading more of her books in the future.



Fredrik Backman has kind of been all over the book world lately, but definitely not without reason! I loved this book and am really looking forward to more of his in the future!


I really enjoyed Amy E. Reichert's Simplicity of Cider and while I do forget about her from time to time, I do really want to read more of her books.

I know I am really late to the game but Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy blew me away this last year.  I did try her Wonder Woman: Warbringer and it didn't work for me but I will still be consuming any other books in the GrishaVerse and will try anything else she puts out.

I regret waiting so long to read The Queen of the Blood, and while some of Sara Beth Durst's back list books don't really appeal to me, I will auto buy any books in this series in the future and will also try others of hers in the future.





New Auto-Buy Favorite Authors
These are my new favorite authors that if I see a book of theirs I don't have on my shelf yet or haven't read yet, I will purchase it on the spot no questions asked!


I consumed Katie Ruggle's Search and Rescue Series and have been devouring her Rocky Mountain K9 Unit series like they are the last books in the world. I cannot wait for more and will purchase any book that Katie puts out there!




New Pre-Order Favorite Authors
These are my new favorite authors that made such an impression on me that I will pre-order with much anticipation every new book they put out into the world!

Traci Chee completely captured me with her Sea of Ink and Gold series when I picked up The Reader and The Speaker this year.  As if I haven't raved about these books enough this last year, do yourself a favor and go read them!


Ashley Poston's Geekerella pulled me out of my first reading slump in years! I also had the opportunity to meet her at a book convention this last year and she is the kind of person I would love to have for a friend. Her next book Heart of Iron comes out next month and it has long since been on pre-order!

I have been obsessed with Mask of Shadows since I read the ARC of it and have purchased several copies for myself (and maybe some for you guys too - as soon as can get a post and giveaway together for you), needless to say anything Linsey Miller puts out in the book world will be pre-ordered!





So who were some of your new favorite author discoveries last year? Have you read any of my favorites, and are they on your favorites list? Who are your auto-buy authors?

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! This would be a hard post for me to do. I really need to read anything by Traci Chee.

    ReplyDelete