Friday, January 26, 2018

Bedtime Story: Pancho Bandito and the Avocado Desperadoes by Mike Sundy

Read for: Children's Book Challenge & I loved the first book


Synopsis: "Pancho Bandito and the Avocado Desperadoes is an epic tall tale with crop-robbing bandits, mythical South American mysteries, and big secrets about Pancho's past. Ride along with heroic Pancho and the Amarillo Armadillo as they seek an ancient weapon to defend a helpless town against the menacing El Pico and his gang of greedy desperadoes.

Pancho Bandito and the Avocado Desperadoes is a tall tale children's picture book. This Western kid's book is full of exciting action & adventure related to Olmec mythology. The playful language and gorgeous landscapes make it a right rollickin' read for grown-ups and young'uns alike, but it's especially beloved by kids ages 6-8. Click the order button to share the fun with your own whippersnappers!"


My Review: I absolutely loved the first Pancho Bandito story and have waited far too long to read this one. For some reason this one didn't capture me quite the way the first one did with it's Tall Tale feel. While that was a little disappointing, this was still a great story. I enjoyed the characters and the unique way the Pancho develops as a character. The Avocado Desperadoes brought a dark element to the story but it was done in a way not to scare young kids. It also sets up perfectly for the next book in the story. Definitely a fun and unique read children and adults will enjoy.

My Rating: While this one didn't capture me quite the way the first book did, I still really enjoyed it.  I give it a rating of Four Paws!


Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment