Monday, May 8, 2017

Monday Reading List




Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Gone Camping by Tamara Will Wissinger
A Little Book About Safety by Samantha Kurtzman-Counter and Abbie Schiller (Bedtime Story)
Miss Bindergarten and the Very Wet Day by Joseph Slate (Early Reader)
Soldier Sister, Fly Home by Nancy Bo Flood
Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin & James Dean (Bedtime Story)
Transformer Rescue-Bots: Meet Quickshadow by Brandon T. Snider (Early Reader)
Jesper Jinx and the Mouse Mayhem by Marko Kitti
My Friend is Sad by Mo Willems (Bedtime Story)
The Little Duck by Judy Dunn (Early Reader)
R2-D2 to the Rescue by Ace Landers
Giggle, Giggle, Quack by Doreen Cronin (Bedtime Story)
A Day in the Life of a Firefighter by Linda Hayward (Early Reader)
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
Fire Engine No. 9 by Mike Austin (Bedtime Story)
The Colorful Story of Comics by Patricia Lakin (Early Reader)
Donald Duck: Vicious Cycles by Romano Scarpa, Giorgio Cavazzano & Daniel Branca  (Graphic Novel)
Supertruck by Stephen Savage (Bedtime Story)
Otis's Busy Day by Loren Long (Early Reader)
The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary (Series Review)
Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary (Series Review)
Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary (Series Review)
Ten Rules of Being a Superhero by Deb Pilutti (Bedtime Story)


 
 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Jesper Jinx & The Mouse Mayhem
Runaway Ralph
Ralph S. Mouse
Fyre
Team of Heroes
R2 D2 to the Rescue
Hold Your Breath
Donald Duck: Vicious Cycles
Colorful Story of Comics


 
Currently Reading:
 
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling  - Print - on page 248 of 652
Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong - Print- on page 46 of 358
A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman - Audio - 23%
Book of Bera by Suzie Wilde - Kindle - on page 126 of 321
The Reader by Traci Chee - on page 286 of 442
Fan the Flames by Katie Ruggle - Kindle - 15%





 Books to be Read Soon:


 

Pages Read/ Time Listened
103:01 Hours Listened (none listened this week)
22,615 Pages Read (1,694 this week)

Books Added to Shelves This Month
Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by JK Rowling
Samurai Rising by Pamela Turner
The Mating by BJ Cunningham & Misty Clark
Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle
Fan the Flames by Katie Ruggle
Keeper by Ellen Jensen Abbott
Love and Muddy Puddles by Cecily Paterson
Dawn Study by Maria V. Snyder
Irish Rising by Marie Rose Dufour
The Sculptor by Scott McCloud
Huck: Book 1- All American by Mark Millar
The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Gone Camping by Tamara Will Wissinger
Saga Vol. 7 by Brian K. Vaughan
Over the Garden Wall by Jim Campbell, et. al.
The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas


Books Read From My Shelves
Runaway Ralph
Ralph S. Mouse
R2 D2 To the Rescue



Interesting Tidbits on the Web:


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GAH! What a week! I feel like I ran around like a complete nut all week long and got nothing done but looking at all my lists, clearly that running accomplished something.  I hope you enjoyed my Children's Book Week! I really came across some really fantastic books for kids of all ages and I hope you found one or two you would like as well.  I am really looking forward to getting back to my regular posting schedule this week.  I will be participating in Bout of Books readathon this week, the post will go up later today. 

In regular life, today marks a huge day in my house. As some of you who have been following me for some time know, my hubby and I work complete opposite schedules. I work a regular 9-5 and he has been working 3-11:30 pm.  Well after a lot of thought and discussion, and many attempts, Hubby made a huge move and sacrifice to change his schedule.  He isn't quite on my schedule but he his much closer, now working early mornings 2am -10:30am in a new job. While this still isn't ideal, it will make a huge difference for me and Munchkin to be able to see him every day! I cannot tell you how much of a relief this will be for me.  It will take some time to adjust to this new schedule and new routines will have to be established but I know this will all be worth it in the long run.

So that about wraps up my usual chaos! How have you been? I hope you have a great week ahead of you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed that you manage to post on here when you're so busy! I'm glad to hear about your hubbies work schedule change. That's great that you'll be seeing more of him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always know how I manage to squeeze it all in but I use a little down time at work, especially during a busy phone spell. It is taking some getting used to but I think it will work out so much better, and while the early start is kind of a bummer, it should change and become more reasonable in the near future. So far it has really helped having him around to help out, Munchkin is so much better behaved.

      Delete