Thursday, February 2, 2017

Pen to Paper: International Correspondence Writing Month

 
 
Hello all my mail loving friends! As some of you have been following me for years might know, February is usually letter writing month.  Well it is yet again February but the month of letters has grown in popularity and it is now known as International Correspondence Writing Month! There is a great website set up http://incowrimo.org/ and you should go check it out!
 
 
So those of you who may be new around here may be going what? Let me explain.  The plan and goal for the month is to send out a hand written note or letter or postcard each day throughout the month of February.  Who doesn't enjoy receiving something other than bills or junk mail in their mail box? Why not take some time to send your thoughts to someone you love, or maybe find a new friend (the website has a spot where you can find people to write if you don't have anyone).
 
 
So get out your pens, pencils, paper, envelopes and stamps and start sending written correspondence!  I will be participating throughout the month and will be updating here each week and also on my instagram @EasternSunset9
 
I would love to hear from you too, let me know if you are participating and how it is going for you.  Also if you are looking for someone to write you can send a letter to me.
 
Angela S.
PO Box 616
West Warwick RI 02893
USA
 
 
 
Ready? Set! Go write & send!

2 comments:

  1. My friend used to do this, and I loved it. I didn't know it was such a big thing. I don't think I can do it this year, but I will make it a goal for next year. I like the idea of just sending a postcard every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun idea but it can be a little time consuming if you write long letters, but short notes and postcards work great. It also gets you into the routine of sitting down and writing.

      Delete