Friday, February 3, 2017

Bedtime Story: What To Do With a Box by Jane Yolen

Read for: Children's Book Challenge
 
Synopsis: "If you give a child a box, who can tell what will happen next? It may become a library or a boat. It could set the scene for a fairy tale or a wild expedition. The most wonderful thing is its seemingly endless capacity for magical adventure, a feature imaginatively captured in cardboardesque art by Chris Sheban and rhythmically celebrated in this poetic tribute by renowned children's author Jane Yolen."

My Review: I was so excited to get this book for Munchkin, I loved playing with boxes when I was a kid but he doesn't seem to have quite the imagination. This book is great about ideas of where a cardboard box can take you. The illustrations were cute but I wasn't a fan of the style, like you were a part of the box, so everything had a brownish hue and was kind of fuzzy. Munchkin enjoyed the book but it wasn't one he has asked for again.
 
My Rating: I was so excited for this book but I was a little disappointed, I was hoping for a lot more out of it. We give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. Too bad this one fell short. It looks fun. Big cardboard boxes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so looking forward to sharing this one with Munchkin but it just didn't work for us. I used to love playing in cardboard boxes!

      Delete