Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Monthly Wrap Up and February TBR

So I last year I only did quarterly updates and I kind of missed my monthly updates, so decided to bring them back this year.  January seemed like it went by just a little too quickly this year, I wasn't quite able to finish my trilogy but I will have it done this week. I read a total of 31 books for the month, I didn't intend to read so many books but with the rush of new books I couldn't help myself. 
 
So here are the books I read this month along with the challenges.
 
Children's Book Challenge
 
 
Early Reader Challenge
 
 
Graphic Novel Challenge
 
 
Audio Book Challenge:
 
 
Trilogy Challenge:
1.  Snow Like Ashes Trilogy: Book 1, Book .1, Book 2, Book 2.5,
2. Winner's Curse Trilogy:
 
 
Requested Reviews:
2. Running on Empty (direct)
3. Edge of the Blade (netgalley)
4. Like a Closed Fist (direct)
 
 
Books Added to Shelves
I am trying to read each book I receive (purchase, subscription box, download) within a month so as not to add more to my TBR shelves I will add links as I read them:
3. Viking Warrior Rising
4. Winners Kiss
 
 
TBR Shelf Books
While I am not officially participating in any TBR challenge, I still like to keep track of the books I have read off my TBR shelf.
10. Calen the Emerald
 
 
RI Authors
1. Calen the Emerald
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So that wraps up January, and looking forward into February, I think I will have more reading time (if I can get and stay healthy). I have another pretty ambitious TBR for the month but I think some of these books will be faster reads than last months books. I also really need to get going on books for the RI Author Month coming up in April!
 
The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
Vienna Nocturne by Vivien Shotwell
So Much More by Kim Holden
Viking Warrior Rising by Asa Maria Bradley
Will & Whit by Laura Lee Gulledge
Songlines by Carolyn Denman
Guilded Cage by Vic James
Miranda and Caliban by Jacqueline Carrey
Ashes by Steven Manchester
Hidden Deep by Amy Patrick
The Trail by Ray K. Anderson
Hidden Presences by Jenna O'del
Then of course some Children's books and Early Readers
 
 
 
What did you read in January? What was your favorite book? What books are you most looking forward to reading in February?
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Well, once again you most definitely read more than me. I'm working on starting and finishing series too. Not fun when you're not liking the series so much. :( Have a great February and I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind pushing through a series if it is only a couple of books, but if it gets super long I have had to just stop (I have such a hard time DNF anything).

      Delete