Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Advent Reads Day 6: Holly and Mistletoe by Susan Mallery

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
 
Synopsis: "A storm had claimed her apartment and now Holly Garrett was without a home for the holidays. But just when she saw her plans for Christmas crumbling, a miracle came her way. The handsome firefighter who'd saved her and her cat--and who'd injured himself in the rescue--was now asking her for help. And he was inviting her to live with him. Sure, she could cook and clean for him while he recuperated, but was that really all he wanted?Jordan Haynes couldn't let Holly be alone for Christmas--not when she brought out his every protective instinct. No, he could play the needy patient as well as anyone...and just maybe he could convince her to keep him company through the holidays--if not longer."

My Review: I came into this series midway through and it doesn't seem to have a huge effect on the enjoyment. I did enjoy this book, the beginning definitely had me captured and it moved along nicely. Holly was way to naive of a female character for me but it suited the story. I did really enjoy Jordan and all of the sub-characters (who seem to have had their own books earlier in the series) and I may just have to continue with this series. This was a nice holiday story too with all the warm fuzzy feelings and traditions to go with it.
 
My Rating: This was a sweet story but it was a little drawn out in my opinion, and I cannot stand such naïve female characters, they just aren't for me but if you do like them then this is a great book for you.  I give this one a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment