Saturday, December 10, 2016

Advent Reads Day 10: Bedtime Story: It's Christmas David by David Shannon

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
 
Synopsis: "The bestselling star of NO, DAVID! turns Christmas traditions upside down with laugh-aloud humor.

Readers of all ages will vividly remember trying to peek at hidden gift packages; writing scrolls of wish lists to Santa; and struggling to behave at formal Christmas dinner parties. Always in the background, we know Santa Claus is watching, soon to decide if David deserves a shiny new fire truck or a lump of coal under the tree. From playing with delicate ornaments to standing in an endlessly long line for Santa, here are common Christmas activities--but with David's naughty trimmings. A surefire hit that is destined to be an annual classic."


My Review: Munchkin is a huge fan of the David book and I thought this would be a fun addition to our collection. We loved this maybe even more than No David. It introduces kids to all the new and special rules associated with the holiday season, things they might not think is wrong until told otherwise. It also gives a little warning about not getting on Santa's good list.
 
My Rating: We love the No David books and this was one of the best in the set so far! It was a great reminder to me to remember that it is an exciting time of year but with whole new rules that Munchkin might not be aware of, and also great for Munchkin to remember to be good. We give this one a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment