Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday Reading List




Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Eve of the Emperor Penguin by Mary Pope Osborne (Magic Tree House)
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey by Lucille Colandro (Bedtime Story)

 
 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

No Room At the Inn = 1pt
The Christmas Box = 5pts
Christmas Caramel Murder = 3pts


 
Currently Reading:
 




 Books to be Read Soon:

Tale of Elske by Cynthia Voigt

 

Total Points Earned
       455 points + 9 points - 85 points spent = 384 points

Total Points Earned this Year: 2214
Total Points Spent this Year: 1830

Pages Read/ Time Listened
277:16 (11 days 13 hrs 16 mins) Hours Listened (4:32 listened this week)
43,576 Pages Read (173 this week)

Books Added to Shelves

1602 Witch Hunter: Angela by Marguerite Bennett - 10 points spent
Northlanders Vol. 5: Metal by Brian Wood - 10 points spent
Scarlet Book 1 by Brian Michael Bendis - 10 points spent
Balto of the Blue Dawn by Mary Pope Osborne - 20 points spent
Night of the Ninth Dragon by Mary Pope Osborne - 20 points spent
More Than Cocoa by Christine Depetrillo - 15 points spent

Interesting Tidbits on the Web:


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hello everyone! I hope that those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving had a wonderful holiday. I also hope that you had a nice long weekend to spend with your loved ones, and maybe got a little reading time in. We had a great Thanksgiving with our family.  Even got a date with my husband one night over the weekend (this hasn't happened since May, so was a wonderful break)! Unfortunately, we came home that night to a very sick little Munchkin. It is definitely going to be one of those winters where he is sick constantly.

I hope that you enjoyed the gift guides I posted every day last week. I had been wanting to do that for a few years but never got around to getting them done on time, and now I know why! Each post took several hours to put together, even though I already had the shops and ideas I wanted to feature. So unfortunately I didn't get as much reading done last week as I wanted to get done, but that is okay, it was better to spend time with the family anyway.

If you have been hanging around my blog for any amount of time you know that I will be kicking off my Advent Reads feature on December 1st, if you are new here you are in for a treat that I spend months preparing for!  For Advent Reads I will feature a different Holiday book each evening (usually around 8:00pm unless it is an After Dark book then it will be 11:00pm EST).  Obviously my regular schedule gets tossed out the window for this event. I will still have my Monday Reading Lists but pretty much everything else is put on hold until after Christmas.  This year, I will be adding a separate post each day (usually early afternoon) of fun ways we celebrate the holidays, it might be something to do with the family, a way to celebrate that is inexpensive, or something to do by yourself to celebrate.   I hope you will all enjoy the series this year, I have really made sure to include a wealth of genres and fun ideas in this Advent Reads Event.


Well I better get to real work, I have a busy week this week in the office, and a sick Munchkin to get home to as quick as possible.  Hope you all have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Munchkin is sick again. That's not fun. I look forward to your Christmas stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be a real struggle this year, we had a great year last year with only a couple of colds. I hope he gets better soon and can stay relatively healthy in December because I have so many fun holiday plans for him!

      Delete