Thursday, December 1, 2016

Advent Reads Day 1: Doggone Christmas by Liz Dodwell

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Polly is juggling the care of her wheelchair-bound mother, her pet-sitting business and the sale of the family home. On top of that she finds herself having to deal with an arrogant but really sexy realtor, and Christmas is coming! None of that seems important, though, when she finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation and must find the real killer before an innocent homeless man and his dog are wrongly convicted.
Nothing much happens in the small town of Mallowapple, Maine, but with the Christmas holidays coming it’s a busy time for Polly Parrett and her pet-sitting crew. Temperatures are plummeting, snow is falling."


My Review: I like to have a variety of books for my Advent Reads event, and while I am not usually a mystery fan I have had a lot of encouragement to try a Cozy Mystery. I listened to the audio book of this one, and it was a very short read. The characters were fun and quirky and I loved the animal involvement. While it is really easy to figure out the mystery as you read it is still entertaining to get to the conclusion. The romance element is there but it is light and helps the story along. All in all it is a fun, fluffy read to fill the time addressing cards and wrapping gifts.
 
My Rating: I kind of get why people like Cozy Mysteries now, they are short, light and fun to read. I like that the main character Polly kept at her own job and didn't take over the police job. I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment