Monday, August 1, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 26 - Good Morning, Gorillas

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 26 takes Jack and Annie on an adventure to a new jungle in Africa.  They must learn a new form of magic, the magic of the animals and gestures in their quest to be come magicians.
 
 
 
My Review: Another great installment to this series. Jack and Annie must use skills of observation to appease the Silverback Gorilla. I do find it odd that they are suddenly using their research books less and less and more going off Annie's impulsive instincts, but it has been working for the most recent books. I really enjoyed the facts at the back of the book, even I learned some things about the different gorillas in the jungles.
 
My Rating: This book seemed a little more mild compared to a lot of the other animal books in this series.  Also, while this book was about interpreting body language of the animals, I have noticed a decline in the use of their research books, that for me was one of the best parts for kids to see so I hope it comes back in future books.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment