Saturday, January 24, 2015

Book Cravings

Welcome to my new blog event called Mindless Weekend Rambling where I will ramble on and on aimlessly about all the junk rolling around in my brain. Occasionally I might rant and rave about something that is bothering me or question the sanity of it all, or maybe choose to discuss my to do list or plans that I am making or maybe share something new I learned. The only thing I can guarantee is that it will be totally off the cuff. I hope you will bear with me and maybe get a laugh or two in the process.
 
 
 
Don't you just hate cravings? You want something but just can't place it.  It is one thing to have a food craving, you just head to the fridge and cabinet and start tasting things until you find just what you want.
 
Book cravings are a whole other animal.  On Thursday night I was struck by a craving and couldn't figure out what I wanted to read.  Unfortunately, with book cravings, a taste of a book can sometimes take half an hour or more to find out it wasn't what you wanted.  You only have time to taste maybe two or three books in a night and nail down your craving, or you end up like me and sadly going to bed without that perfect book filling.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry. That's no fun and I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully cravings only last a short period of time, by 2 days later I am usually over it if I couldn't find the right book.

      Delete