Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mindless Weekend Ramblings: 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me

Welcome to my new blog event called Mindless Weekend Rambling where I will ramble on and on aimlessly about all the junk rolling around in my brain. Occasionally I might rant and rave about something that is bothering me or question the sanity of it all, or maybe choose to discuss my to do list or plans that I am making or maybe share something new I learned. The only thing I can guarantee is that it will be totally off the cuff. I hope you will bear with me and maybe get a laugh or two in the process.
 
 
 
So I was browsing the blogs I follow and I came across this post on The Notebook Sisters and thought it would be appropriate considering it is blogoversary month for me and it is about looking back at book loves you haven't heard from me yet, so why not some non-bookish facts about me while I am at it!
 
So here are 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me, Yet:
 
 
1. How tall are you?
I am kind of average, 5'5", mind you the exact same height as my mother (and dear goodness don't compare our senior pictures because we look exactly alike).
 
2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so what?
Oh goodness, I really have no idea here, maybe multi-tasking.  Even as I write this post I am on the phone at the office (two lines going about two different files), I am also texting Hubby about upcoming doctor appointments for Munchkin, sent a message on facebook to schedule a babysitter, and talking to the boss about one file and taking down a Staples order from the other assistant.  So yea I guess that is a talent (or I am just insane and my mind is going to implode at any given point).
 
3. What's your biggest blog related pet peeve?
I don't like overwhelming pages, the ones that have a ton of countdowns, flashing ads, or scrolling pictures in the sidebars.  I also am a little irritated by blogs with multiple submitters, I am not sure why I am so irritated by this but if the blog has multiple people writing post (other than guest posters) I pretty much don't read them.
 
4. What is your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
Seriously, I can only list one?! I guess my biggest pet peeve is shopping carts and lazy people who won't walk the 10 feet to put the cart in the return barriers! ARRGG! I hate driving around the parking lots (mind you I don't try to park close, I don't care if I have to walk) and can't find a spot that doesn't have a loose shopping cart in it or ready to ram my car!
 
5. What's your favorite song?
This changes constantly, but lately I am really just enjoying silence. I get so tired of hearing noise all day long and then Munchkin all night long, I just can't wait for a little bit of silence.
 
6. What's your favorite Etsy store that isn't yours?
These questions are tough, I shop on Etsy all the time and my favorite really depends on what I am shopping for, but if I must choose I would pick Immortal Longings because I love the unique artistic take on Shakespearian characters.
 
7. What's your favorite way to spend free time when you're alone?
I get free time & alone time?! When? Sign me up please!! In all reality I get very little alone time at all and when I do it is usually spent catching up on chores.  If I do get some free time I have my special little tea house I like to go and have brunch or lunch with a friend (or just a favorite book).
 
8. What's your favorite junk food?
I love junk food and particularly, salty junk food.  Favorites include butter popcorn, smart food, chex mix, corn nuts (especially ranch), and sunflower seeds.
 
9. Do you have a pet?
Yup, I am sure you have all heard me talk about Niko, our blue Doberman, and Valerie, our black cat. Both are rescues and while Niko is a little bit of a anxiety ridden spaz, they are a part of our family. Munchkin is especially attached to Valerie. My question is do husbands count as pets, because at times it sure feels like he is a pet or another child.
 
10. What is your top favorite fiction and non-fiction book?
Really?! I write a book blog! How on earth would I be able to pick an absolute favorite?!
 
11. What is your favorite beauty product?
I don't have much time for these, but I must say probably hand cream, because my hands get so dry handling so much paper. I also have an obsession with nail polish, decals and wraps.
 
12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
I am not sure, I don't really pay attention, but I am always getting tongue tied because I have so much going on so fast so I stumble over my words a lot.
 
13. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life what would it be?
Definitely Coke! I need caffeine to survive and I don't drink coffee, so coke it is.
 
14. What's your favorite movie?
Without a doubt, Rigoletto!
 
15. What were you in high school? (prom queen, nerd, band geek, cheerleader, jock, loner, artist, etc.)
Our high school was so small you had to be a little bit of everything, though I was never a cheerleader, not much of a jock, never the prom queen or "popular", but I was friends with just about everyone.
 
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I haven't really thought about it too much but I don't think my perfect place exists. It would be a small town almost country feel, but near big city things. Also somewhere warm but with mountains that have snow and fishing. But in all honesty as long as my family is there and I have books, I could deal with anywhere (except really big cities because I can't parallel park to save my life).
 
17. Mac or PC?
I have been PC for so long and had so few issues, you can't get me to switch over and have to re-learn everything.
 
18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse?
Hubby doesn't do big romantic gestures, he is all about practicality. I am sure in his eyes the last romantic gesture was the steak knives he bought me for my birthday (I had asked for a comforter for the bed, or a ring with Munchkin's birthstone).
 
19. Favorite Celebrity?
I am not much for celebrities, but I do love Stanley Tucci and Debra Messing in everything they do.
 
20. What blogger to you secretly want to be best friends with?
Well I am already great friends with several of you, both inside the book world and outside of it, but Angela from Angela's Anxious Life and I are scarily similar, I mean the same name and book tastes and other interests! I think we could be great friends, or maybe we are good and evil twins . . .
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED learning more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer blogs with just one person as well. It's easier to get a feel of their voice and trust their recommendations. So many that I love though have gone to multiple people. I still tend to just read for the ones I prefer but it can be frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I don't feel like I get to know them enough to know if our reading preferences are alike.

      Delete