Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Review of Blaze of Glory by M. Garzon

 
Synopsis: "Last year, I had it all. Two jumpers on the show circuit, a lot of wins, and a lot of attention - the good kind. But now I have nothing. My life is circling the drain. The only spark of light that exists for me is my new, forbidden passion. If my stepfather finds out, he will kill me. My twin brother, my only blood relative in the world, has already begged me not to. But I can't help myself. If it can't be horses, it has to be this."

My Review: Well I am kind of stumped on this one. I was all about it until about halfway and then it really started dragging for me. Tea really started getting on my nerves with her immaturity and the story really lagged for a while, not to mention the object of the title was definitely not a real part of the story after the first quarter of the book. That said I really enjoyed Jaden and Seth, they were fantastic characters. It was a much longer book than needed to be and I was honestly a little glad it was over. It may appeal to other readers, maybe those who enjoy the new adult genre but it wasn't for me and I won't be continuing the series.
 
My Rating: I was looking forward to this book but it just didn't hold up to my hopes. I think maybe jumper show circuit books just aren't for me as almost every one that I have read was a drama filled disappointment for me.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment