Thursday, May 15, 2014

Early Reader Review of The Legendary Yoda by Catherine Saunders

Welcome to Children's Book Week
 
 
Synopsis: "DK's Star Wars Readers help kids learn to read while enjoying the stories and characters from the blockbuster movies. Yoda, the legendary Jedi Master, is the focus of this exciting Level 3 DK Reader. Inside, rich vocabulary and challenging sentence structure, as well as an alphabetical glossary and comprehensive index, will help fans learn more about the most wise and mysterious Jedi Master of them all.


Packed with full-color photographs and engaging, age-appropriate stories, the eBooks introduce young children to a life-long love of reading. These amazing stories are guaranteed to capture children's interest while developing their reading skills. They're also perfect for reading together!"


My Review: I was expecting a little more of a story as opposed to just spouting back at me facts from the movies. I would think as a new reader that kids would rather enjoy a story as opposed to a lengthy encyclopedia entry. I did like that there were pictures from the movies to help engage the readers. It was a little bit of let down for me being such a huge Star Wars fan but maybe Munchkin will like it when he gets older and it will help explain the movies to him. I guess we will just have to wait to see.
 
My Rating: I was rather disappointed not to have a story, but this maybe appealing to early readers as they don't have to read page after page, they can pick the facts they want to read.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment