Monday, May 12, 2014

Bedtime Story: The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson

Welcome to Children's Book Week
 
 
Synopsis: "This is a rhyming story of a mouse and a monster. Little mouse goes for a walk in a dangerous forest. To scare off his enemies he invents tales of a fantastical creature called the Gruffalo. So imagine his surprise when he meets the real Gruffalo."

My Review: A classic story that thrives on the silliness. However the message is not one I want my Munchkin to fully grasp. Lying is definitely rewarded in this story with the mouse getting away with it all. The illustrations though are fun and Munchkin really did enjoy the rhyming and sound of the story.
 
My Rating: This is such a favorite of so many people but I have a hard time supporting the message of the story.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment