Friday, May 16, 2014

Early Reader Review of Cooking with the Cat by Bonnie Worth

Welcome to Children's Book Week
 


Synopsis: "Look! Look! The Cat wants to cook!

Told with simple rhymes and rhythms, this jaunty illustrated tale gives very young readers a taste of the Cat in the Hat’s flamboyant cooking skills as he slaps on a Chef’s hat and whips up purple cupcakes using some truly odd ingredients! A cat-terrific spin-off based on Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat movie."


My Review: I guess I may have been expecting a little too much from this book. I understand that it is a beginning reader book, but I was hoping maybe for a little more Seuss like rhyming and language. I was also hoping that it might have an actually recipe that would be fun for kids to cook and incorporate with their reading. I will have to see what Munchkin thinks of it as he reaches a little more of an appropriate age for this one, but right now there just wasn't anything to capture or hold his interest.
 
My Rating: I wasn't super impressed with this one, it lacked some of the Dr. Seuss feel that I was expecting and I would have liked to bring some actual activity into the reading. I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment