Friday, May 23, 2014

Bedtime Story: A Treasury for One Year Olds by Arthur Smith

 
Synopsis: "This treasury brings together best-loved favorite nursery rhymes, traditional lullabies, and some charming poems for young children.

The enchanting illustrations bring to life popular characters from classic rhymes such as Humpty Dumpty and The Man in the Moon�and introduce children to many they may not have met before.

Children and adults alike will enjoy sharing this beautiful new collection.A Treasury for One Year Olds is sure to become a firm favorite with everyone."


My Review: I picked this book up on a whim at Barnes & Noble because it was on sale even though I had several collections of stories and rhymes already. I definitely don't regret it! In fact I think I am going to go back and get one for all of the kids I know turning one this year and to get the Treasury for the other years for Munchkin. This Treasury included so many of the favorite rhymes, songs, poems and stories. Did you know there is more to the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star song than 2 verses? I loved the selection of lullabies that are perfect for bedtime at the end, I only wish they had the melody printed in the book so I could sing them without having to look it up online.
 
My Rating: Definitely the best collection I have come across so far!! I give it a rating of Four Paws and A Stump Wag!!
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment