Thursday, May 22, 2014

After Dark Review of My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise Sinclair

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Threatened by university cutbacks, Professor Abigail Bern’s only hope is to publish a provocative research paper--soon. Planning to covertly observe behavior in the notorious Dark Haven BDSM club, she takes a receptionist job. When the owner calls upon her to assist in a demonstration, she’s appalled. Then fascinated. Under the unyielding hands of the master known as my Liege, she discovers a need to be more than an observer.

His late wife had been the center of his life, and Xavier Leduc wants no other. But when his new receptionist does her utmost to keep an emotional distance from him, he’s intrigued and digs deeper. She’s adorable. Intriguingly intelligent, beautifully submissive, sweetly vulnerable. He soon realizes her defenses are keeping her on the fringe of her sexuality--and her life. As he draws her into fuller participation, she unconsciously does the same for him. She begins to fill his world.

Ever since the night she met my Liege Xavier, Abby has questioned everything she believes about herself. She’s falling for the stern owner of Dark Haven and thinks he’s beginning to care for her...until the day he learns why she’s in his club."


My Review: I enjoyed this one but not as much as I felt I should have. I liked Abby and Xavier, and of course as always the sub-characters, but I think the storyline kind of pulled away from the characters. It was an interesting storyline too but it just seemed too drawn out. You could see what the conflicts were going to be long before they arose and how they would be resolved. I can't quite put my finger on it but this one just left me a little blah, it was mediocre for me which is hard to say because I love Sinclair's work so much! At least I could follow it up quickly with the next book in the series.
 
 
My Rating: I really don't know why I struggled with this one, the characters were good the story line ideas were good but it just didn't come together for me. I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment