Monday, March 24, 2014

Bloggiesta Sign Up and To Do List

 
Gosh how did this come up so quickly?! It appears that it is Bloggiesta time again and that means time to take care of some business around here!  I already know that it is going to be busy around my non-book life so I will have to keep my to do list simple for now.
 
1. Order business cards for the blog - I thought about this in the mini bloggiesta and decided not to yet but then when I was at the Big Book Club Getaway some of the authors asked for a card! (it made me feel important yet embarrassed that I didn't have them yet).  COMPLETE!
 
2. Schedule Posts for reviews completed - I have reviews written up for about 10 books but haven't scheduled the posts yet. COMPLETE!
 
3. Respond to Author emails - I have several review requests that need to be responded to immediately, for some reason this always gets pushed to the side for me. COMPLETE!
 
4. Put books away - This sounds crazy I know but I have piles of books in every room that need to be put away, some have been read, some need to be read and some need to be added to goodreads shelves. COMPLETE!
 
5. Get more active - I tend to be shy in person, while slightly less so online, I am still not getting out there and talking to other book lovers like I want to. So I am going to take time to stop by at least 5 other Bloggiesta participants pages and comment. I am also going to push myself to be more active on Twitter. As COMPLETE as it can get as it is an ongoing goal!
 
6. Update Archive list -  Ugh, how I hate this, but I have a plan in place. I am going to alphabetize by author so I can keep series together and I am going to have a separate list for childrens books and graphic novels so they are easier to find. - In Progress and Making Headway!
 
7. Get Creative - It has come to my attention and realization that people are not fond of a lot of reviews so I want to add a little something else to my blog. I have a few ideas rolling around my brain and want to get at least 3 new interesting posts scheduled. COMPLETE!
 
 
So there we have it, my to do list (I thought it was suppose to be short!) and now at least I have something I can check off. I always find that if I have something to mark off a list I am more motivated to accomplish that task, so here is to motivation and accomplishing goals!
 
Will you be joining Bloggiesta? What is on your to do list?

10 comments:

  1. I find that people like reviews only if they have read the book or plan to read the book you are reviewing. Otherwise people are more interested to talk about bookish things. I look forward to your discussion post!! Good luck this weekend!

    My Bloggiesta Goals and Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think you would want to find a new book, at least that is why I read reviews, to find something I never thought to read before. Oh well, I will continue posting my reviews but will just be adding some different content, maybe not so much bookish though, I feel like anything I would have to say on the matter has already be discussed to its death.

      Delete
  2. Awesome plans! So glad you'll be joining in! Here's to banning shyness! :) As part of my Bloggiesta I'm going to come up with a different way to discuss the books I've read instead of the normal review. We'll see how that goes. And we'll see if anyone responds to it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thanks Suey, I am thinking if I could ever get Munchkin healthy and open up my schedule a little the writing group would shatter any shyness I have left. I am looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the discussions.

      Delete
  3. Ha! I thought my list was short too until I wrote it all out. Love goal #5! I find that online I'm able to overcome most of my social anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The list definitely isn't as short as I thought it was that's for sure but I think I could have easily added another 5 things to the list if I had time. It does make it easier to converse with new people when they aren't staring you in the face waiting for you to come up with something clever to say.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you've done a lot! I'm hoping to make good headway myself today....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! It was a lot of work and I need to keep up the momentum! Hope you got all the work done you wanted to over the weekend!

      Delete
  5. Awesome list, and look at all that progress! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete