Thursday, December 6, 2012

Music Speaks Read-Along #11 - End of the Line


 

Throughout November I will be doing a read along of Music Speaks an anthology of stories with music. I hope you will all participate.  Music, like books, can affect us in so many ways it only makes sense to have a book of music stories. I will be doing 2 stories a week, the first of which will be on Thursday. 

You can get your copy in ebook format on Amazon for $2.99 or in paperback format on Amazon for $6.99.  Sorry but its not on Barnes and Noble (I should have told you all to get it earlier because I downloaded it when it was free).

So please join me, if you aren't going to be reading along I would still love if you would stop by, I would love to hear how particular songs or artist have made an impact in your life!


Welcome to the final readalong of the month! This short story in the book is call End of the Line and is written by LB Clark.


End of the Line found us in the cafeteria of a hospital where a young girl was crying because a song by the music group her mom was going to take her to see before her mom got sick. Near by was the groups lead singer.  He listened to the little girls story and called his group to come perform for the little girl and her mom.  The mother was very thankful and was glad to be able to share her love for music and that specific group with her daughter.  Not long after the mother passed away but the daughter got to spend some time with her and bond over the new found love of music.


So what group or artist would you want to share with your children, nieces or nephews?



I hope to instill in Munchkin a love for music. I happen to love a wide variety of music and would love him to give each genre a chance.  So I am going to pick people from my favorite groups: Tom Petty, Clint Black and George Strait, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Enya, gosh I could go on and on so I guess I will just stop there!!



Thank you all for joining my little read along! Hope you have a great December and maybe stop by for my Advent Stories!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this one. I ADORE music and hope to pass that love along to my kids too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you come across that question of would you rather loose your sight or hearing, I always pick sight. I love music! It seems Munchkin is already developing a love for it, he dances (well its more of wiggling right now) when he hears the Christmas music playing :)

      Delete