Monday, December 3, 2012

Advent Stories Day 3: Fa La La

Welcome to the Advent Story event I am having here on Eastern Sunset Reads this Christmas season.
Every family has their own personal Holiday traditions, and many of them include those advent calendars that have the little chocolates or toys behind each door as you count to Christmas Day. Well in my family we had a Advent Candle instead. Each night we would light the candle and as it burned that day away we would read a special Christmas story or poem. So I decided to bring that tradition to all of you.
Most of the books will be Children's books as I share this tradition with Munchkin for the first time, but I will also have some After Dark specials and maybe a few fiction, romance and young adult books too as time allows. I will also feature a favorite Christmas song each day. So please join me and share some of your favorite traditions, songs and stories this holiday season!
 
 
 


Synopsis: "It’s almost Christmas, and baby simply cannot contain the exuberance. There are things to decorate: a tree, a gingerbread house, a doggy! There are very creative presents to make, Santa to see (must be brave), carols to sing, not to mention the big event itself. Come celebrate the season with humor and joy as everyone’s favorite baby puts a special spin on Christmas."
 
 
My Review: This was a fantastic book for my little Munchkin.  This is the first book that he has really paid attention to, finally something his little eyes could focus on.  The images were simple and the colors were bold.  The story was short and simple.  All of these things lead to a perfect book for really young little ones.  It will even be great for when they get older, finding out their favorite things about the holiday as you read about the Baby's. I particularly liked when he made gifts for the family, too cute!
 
 
My Rating: I think this is a Four Paw book for me and Munchkin!
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment