Monday, December 3, 2012

Music Speaks Read-Along #10 - Heaven Sent


 

Throughout November I will be doing a read along of Music Speaks an anthology of stories with music. I hope you will all participate.  Music, like books, can affect us in so many ways it only makes sense to have a book of music stories. I will be doing 2 stories a week, the first of which will be on Thursday. 

You can get your copy in ebook format on Amazon for $2.99 or in paperback format on Amazon for $6.99.  Sorry but its not on Barnes and Noble (I should have told you all to get it earlier because I downloaded it when it was free).

So please join me, if you aren't going to be reading along I would still love if you would stop by, I would love to hear how particular songs or artist have made an impact in your life!


Welcome to the next readalong of the month! This short story in the book is call Heaven Sent and is written by LB Clark.


The owner of a club is just trying to get through another night. This happens to be an open mic night.  As he prepares for the night a woman comes in and seems rather down and lonely, but he keeps on with his work.  As the night moves along he opens the show and introduces other artists, takes the stage a few more times in between but all night he can't get the girl out of his mind. He looks for her in the crowd at the end of the night but she isn't there, assuming she left he works on cleaning up.  He turns to find her standing there in front of him. She thanks him for the songs that he played.  She felt that god had brought her to the club and caused him to sing just the right songs to give her hope.


Now instead of asking if any of you have been touched by a certain song at just the right time (which I am sure has happened a time or two), I am going to ask you to make a difference in someones day. Doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a hello, a hug or even letting someone who seems rushed or frazzled go in front of you in the check out line.



Thank you! I hope you will all join me for the final read-along on Thursday for End of the Line!

No comments:

Post a Comment