Wednesday, December 1, 2021

November Wrap Up & December TBR

Boy did November fly by or what?! It could also be the fact that I didn't finish getting my last monthly wrap up post completed until mid-month! With that said, I did end up having a pretty fantastic reading month, so how about we get into it.

We will start with my main challenge this year . . .

TBR Books Read:
I managed to blast through a bunch of my TBR books and I am super happy about that accomplishment considering how fast the month went and how crazy it was! I ended up reading 8 books off my TBR, I think I made up for a few of the months I was short!
 
 
 
 




2021 Books added to TBR & Read:
I didn't get as many of my new books read this month as I would have liked but at least I broke even with reading the same amount of new books as I purchased, that is progress I guess.

 




Other Recent Additions:
In addition to Lore Olympus, I also picked up these 3 books. I have to say, I am pretty proud of myself for only getting these with all the sales going on everywhere! I do have hopes to read 2 of these next month.
 
 




In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads: - COMPETE-
Goal: Re-read 15 books
I have continued really enjoying re-reading old favorites and diving back into worlds I loved years ago. I will definitely be continuing to re-read more often!



Borrowed Books: - COMPLETE-
Goal: Borrow 30 books


Books Over 500 Pages: - COMPLETE-
Goal: 10 books
None this month but sitting at 15 total for the year so I am really happy but hoping to squeeze in one or two more before the end of the year.



Requested Reviews: 
 Reading Stats:
I read a total of 24 books this last month, probably the best one I have had since starting my new job!


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: I managed to meet my goal and pass it this month, I am really getting excited to see exactly how much my TBR has come down this year! - CHECK
2. Re-Read More: again, the re-reads have been fantastic, it has almost been difficult to pull myself out of those worlds to pick up new books. - CHECK
3. Purchase Less & Read More: While I didn't read every book as it came in, I still read as many of the new TBR books as I brought in this month! After really looking at it and thinking about this challenge, I don't think I will ever be able to read every book as it comes in, sometimes I am waiting to get the whole series, other times I pick up books for a specific season or readathon for the following year, but I think if I just keep reading the same number of books I bring in each month/year I will be happy. - CHECK
4. Keep Trying New Genres/Authors: While I have enjoyed a lot of my familiar authors, series and genres, I have tried some books outside what I really reach for, some have been great, others were a bit of flops. - CHECK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


December TBR
I managed to read all but 7 books off my super ambitious TBR last month, so I am thrilled with that accomplishment. I am usually pretty darn crazy in December but I do have a few books I really want to get to this month. I will definitely be trying to focus on getting some requested reviews done that I have had lingering. I also want to try to get some more of those new books read before I total up for the year. So here are a few of my reading plans for this month

For TBR books: 


From the Library:

For Re-Reads:
Return to Shanhasson*Currently Reading


Recent Additions:
Her Christmas Gift *currently reading


ARCs:
Local Star *Currently reading




Another ambitious TBR but last month went so well I couldn't help myself. There are so many books calling out to me right now!

In other news, I will be continuing the Advent Reads event.  Once I actually sat down and looked at things, I have already read 18 books for the season and it kind of felt like a waste not to share them with you! So now I am scrambling to get reviews completed and posts scheduled.  So the first one will go live tonight at 6:00pm EST and continue on that way every day for the rest of the month.  I will warn you though, the book selection is going to lean heavily towards romance and cozy mysteries since that is what I have been enjoying lately, but I have made it a point to include some fiction and children's books as well.



2 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at your reading recaps. What did you think of Anxious People? I loved it. It was my favorite read this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually struggled with Anxious People a bit, I listened to the audiobook at work but I think this is one that might need to be read on paper and with full focus on it. I might try a re-read in the future.

      Delete